The ultimate guide for Showbox. Last year, much has changed in the way we watch movies and series. Netflix is clearly picking the benefits as well as other alternatives like Popcorn Time do their best. Traditionally, there was always a lot of downloaded before there was a service like Netflix. People are often willing to pay if there is a good service to choose from. And yet there are a lot of people wanting to watch films and series without paying for it. As mentioned Popcorn Time was a nice alternative. It could be used on any kind of platform and worked surprisingly well. The problem with Popcorn Time was that the database was still a bit sparse. A lot of movies and series were missing and not much is going on lately with the project. With Netflix, you will notice that a lot of series and movies are not available. Many US cable companies also have their own app so you also miss a lot on Netflix.
Altogether it is therefore not quite perfect. Except for one app, Showbox for Android. We use this app for over a year and swear by the huge database. There are at the time of writing more than 700 000! movies and let’s say 20000 series and counting. The best thing about this app is that it brings together everything that you were missing at Netflix and download sites. The choices are enormous. Whether you want to watch Game of Thrones, Pokemon or The Simpsons, everything is in it. The app will be updated at the time of starting with all new films and series that exist at that time. How it exactly works, I don’t know, but it works.
Download Showbox for Android (link)
Stream and download movies on Android with Showbox
Everyone will undoubtedly want to watch movies and TV shows on their Android smartphone and tablet. Of course, you can rent or buy a movie, but you obviously must pay for that. It would be much better if you can do this for free, right? Show Box is everything you need.
Movie Box is a great jailbreak app that lets you easily watch free movies and series on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. This amazing app is also available on Android devices. The app is called Show Box and works the same as Movie Box. With this app you have two options: you can watch movies and TV shows instantly, you can also download movies to watch later.
The Show Box app is not available through the Google Play Store. You can download and install it outside of the Play Store.
Stream Showbox to your TV with Chromecast
Stream the latest movies to your TV with Android & Showbox
When you want to see the latest movies or series, you usually want to start this immediately without having to download it first. To stream the movie from your Android tablet or phone to your TV, I use the Chromecast. Chromecast is a WiFi receiver that plugs directly into the HDMI port on the television.
How to install the Chromecast and set up can be found here.
Follow these steps:
- Download the app Showbox and install it on your Android device. The Showbox app can’t be found in the Google Play Store so when you download this app to your Android device, it will display a message that the file can be unsafe, press OK.
- Search show_box.apk on your device, usually it is placed in the Download folder.
- Open the file and install it show_box.apk
- Download the app Allcast and install it on your Android device.
- Open the Showbox app and choose a movie, choose the desired quality (360P | 480P | 720P) choose the player External, select the desired Subtitles (for this you must first to create an account on opensubtitles.org).
- Press Watch Now and then choose AllCast then select Chromecast and your movie starts playing on your TV.
Showbox on PC (Windows 7,8,10)
What you need for Showbox on PC:
- Android Emulator (BlueStacks)
- Showbox APK
- 10 Minutes of your time
- Install Now BlueStacks
- After installing BlueStacks open ShowBox.apk
- The extension .apk must be automatically recognized by BlueStacks, if not then you must restart.
- You Will see a message ~ ~ APK is Installed this will probably be ready after one minute
- Open now BlueStacks
- You’ll see there is now a Showbox logo at the top of your screen. Open the app and you’re done!
If it asks whether you want to update, choose No. Some updates do not work on emulator programs.
Do you have questions? Something doesn’t work? Leave a comment below.